Tuesday, April 28, 2015

2 FLOWER PAINTINGS by M. Devoe

From the collection of Cheryl Dudek



From the collection of Cheryl Dudek

Most of the M. DeVoe paintings I have featured on this blog have been of tropical birds, although we know that DeVoe also sometimes painted flowers.

Recently I was contacted by a collector who said she bought the two paintings featured above at an estate sale.  They are on the same type of silvered board that DeVoe used for the bird paintings.  So, here they are - from the collection of Cheryl Dudek.  Photos used with permission.

Interestingly these are numbered on the back - the yellow/blue one is 128 and the other one is 120.  

1 comment:

  1. Jim,
    I have a beautiful large DeVoe painting (watercolor?) of a group of Asian women, some playing instruments. I would like to send you some photos of it. It has beautiful colors in it. I think the artist may be from Chicago, as this used to belong to my great aunt, who lived in Chicago for years. It was given to her sister, who my aunt thought was a friend and the daughter of the artist. You may contact me at peggygeiger@ymail.com

    ReplyDelete